Saturday, February 24, 2007

TV: Amazing Race: All-Stars Ep 1

The Amazing Race is back and well I guess I am too.

I guess I now better appreciate people who manage to post entries more regularly. It is so easy to let blogging slide way down on the "To Do" list.

Anyway, it is hard for me to comment on the first leg of the race because I messed up. Not entirely but pretty badly. I forgot that by DVR was set up was specifically to record the Amazing Race 10 and not the Amazing Race in general. I did not realize that until I arrived home after a party. Fortunately, I did try to watch the show while I was at the party, but for various expected reasons, it was really hard to hear anything that was going on.

At best as I can tell, there were supposed to be some surprises with the teams this season. The two biggest surprises both involved John Vito and Jill. First, they are an ex-couple who, I guess, are still friends. Second, they managed to be eliminated quickly, falling victim to the oldest pitfall of any race - getting lost.

Not as surprising is the fact that Eric and Danielle are now dating and racing together this season. I personally would have preferred to team up with the other Dani of Team Pink (not that I would have had a chance with either of them). Anyway, I think Eric had a better chance of winning if he had stuck with his original teammate, Jeremy.

Least surprising is that Romber came in first place. Love them or hate them, they are skilled reality show competitors. It will be interesting to see how other teams keep up. Joyce and
Uchenna did beat them before, but they happened to get very lucky at the right time, and it seems unlikely that lightning will strike twice.

It's still too early to predict an elimination order. But I get a general impression that teams from earlier seasons are outmatched, along with the Miners who may not be able to form any sort of
alliance this time around. I'll still hope

Oh well, hope I correctly record the second leg and hear the audio.

No comments: