Wednesday, January 02, 2008

TMI: Blog Neglect

I guess it has been a while again since I have updated my blog. With a writer's strike pretty much ending any original (non-reality) programming on network television, one would think I would have few distractions from blogging. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case. It just takes a few.

Lately, I have been spending time reading other blogs that shall remain nameless. None of them are work remotely work-related. The topics are mainly about electronics and entertainment / gossip. That type of reading material may not help me get far ahead in what remaining life I have left, but at least I know Jessica Alba is pregnant and engaged. So for now, I can spend less time daydreaming about her at work.

I have also started dabbling in World of Warcraft again. I blame it on Mr. T and his Night Elf Mohawk ad. [Initially, I was going to blame William Shatner, but I hardly visit the web site he normally pitches.] I never got around to canceling my subscription. My old guild that I shall not name on a server I shall not name has pretty much disbanded since I last logged in. It took forever to build up a Level 44 Human Shadow Priest on a PvP server where I was going solo and getting "ganked" every day. But at least he was a rich priest even after buying a horse.

My new character is on a normal server that my brother plays on. Trying out a Blood Elf Paladin (with talent points going into Retribution for now). Kind of fun to level up more quickly and I do not have to play for more than an hour at a time at the low levels. I might get more attention-challenged when I have to run for 10 minutes to go from to quest -- or realize that I pretty much always use the same attack sequence on every bad guy that steps in my path. Otherwise, I might finally buy a game for my PS/3 instead of playing my old PS/2 ones -- Ratchet and Clank is about as much complexity as I can handle these days.

... and yes I will blog about the Amazing Race again.. soon I hope. Unfortunately, I lost a few of the early episode due to misprogramming my DVR. Each new episode was erasing the one before it. My weekends were busy with work related socializing so I did not even notice that for a while. I might have to visit the CBS website and a few other blogs to catch up on what has happened this season (or cycle or whatever it is called).

I have made no New Year's Resolutions for 2008. I decided being organized and healthy is something I need to somehow do all year long.

Stay tuned...

No comments: