Saturday, January 05, 2008

TV: Amazing Race 12: Ep 5

This was probably one of the more uneventful episodes of AR I can recall. However, one team went from almost worst to first and another team was eliminated after earning bad karma in the previous leg, so it was not a bad episode overall.

It seemed like most of the leg had the teams scrambling for flights from Burkina Faso in West Africa to Vilnius, Lithuania. I imagine it is not a popular flight route so the local travel agents had difficulty finding fast flights from Point A to Point B without having a couple of layovers perhaps.

Once in Lithuania, teams had to deliver messages to people in some old town square. I guess the beauty salon was hardest to find since it was a little bit tucked away. Anyway, it was very similar to the road block challenge from the last episode. Then a product placement opportunity arose when teams had to find a particular gnome used as a mascot for a travel web site in some farm land.

Finally, came the detour challenge. Counting posts or walking on stilts. Seeing people try to master the stilts was sort of funny but I know I would have had a very hard time of it myself. Counting never makes for exciting TV, but seeing some teammates get snippy with each other was mildly entertaining.

It was good to see the calm, quiet TK & Rachel win this leg.

I do not think the bus was very close to hitting the wannabe bombshells. But it did remind me of a scene from one of the few episodes I have seen of Life, where the main character's car was involved in a side collision.

I did have a chuckle when one of the contestants said they should do some research at an Internet "buffet."

Hopefully more action and tougher challenges are in store in the next leg.

No comments: