Sunday, December 18, 2005

TMI: Follow the Leader

Guess I decided to join the trend and widen the columns of my blog. The toughest part was figuring out how to keep the rounded corners. Tried looking for free GIF editors, and the ones I stumbled across looked to complicated for what little I was trying to do. Finally discovered CSS3 will eventually take care of it for me, but until then, I'll have to settle for the Mozilla specific -moz-border-radius parameter. The columns still come out boxy in IE (and IE doesn't fill in the background for my random quote of the day), but I figure it's a good thing to have a web page render nicely in Firefox than IE anyway.

People had pointed me to blogs a couple of years ago, and I actually started one last year. Then work immediately piled up, and I forgot where it was .. until today. Strange that it even has the same title and everything. I like the interface on Blogger better though I do wish it had the calendar and a way to categorize postings. Alternative would be to start multiple blogs but that might be a hassle. Plus apparently I'm only good at coming up with one title.

2 comments:

Thomas Kyte said...

I like the look...

except (you had to know a "but" was coming)

yellow on red for code? ouch :)

but in general, nice.

Roderick said...

:-) Ahh very unpopular choice of colors. But I miss the old DEC VT240 amber monitors from my college days.