Friday, December 09, 2005

TMI: Too Bogged to Blog

This was a wild week. Had to juggle work (including a 5:30am conference call) with taking care of some personal business. And on the one night I had a few moments of time, there seemed to be router problems between my ISP and blogspot.

One potential downside to renting an apartment is every so often, the landlords can decide to enter for special purposes. But fortunately they give a couple of days notice before that event, and it gives me an excuse to do something important once in a while... clean.

Between landlord visits, my place slowly devolves into something resembing Dr. Cristina Yang's place in Grey's Anatomy. But for those of you that do not watch what I feel is the best network show on TV for 2005 (with Lost a close second), I guess I'd have to describe things in terms of what my place might look like if the landlord never showed up: Some psychologist might mistake my laziness for Obsessive Hoarding Behavior. Some colleagues claim that my office has become sort of a company history museum, but I've been very careful to store very little new for the last few years (documents are all online instead if possible).

So part of last week was spent throwing stuff out, and organizing stuff I want to keep for now. Main side task has been reducing 5 years of magazines down to a more managable and smaller pile of a few months. Just in time for me to trade some miles on an airline I rarely fly for more subscriptions...

Hopefully, I'll get back to blogging over the next few days, even if my opthamologist is recommending I spend less time in front of a computer and more time staring at far away places.

No comments: