Sunday, November 04, 2007

TV: Amazing Race: All-Stars - Ep 11?

In this leg with no airline flights involved, one would think a six-hour gap between first and last place would be safe. But Team Cha Cha Cha decided to do just about everything wrong.

1. Earn bad karma by dealing with the devil team disguised as blond beauty queens.
2. Never ditched their incompetent taxi driver (or at least a driver with communication issues)
3. Waited to long to ask for directions.

Once again it was a non-elimination leg, so the sins might be forgiven. And it was a tense leg for Eric and Daniele who had to overcome another Yield and a 30-minute penalty for not coming in first.

I didn't know Macau was so close to Hong Kong. I might have to stop by there next time I am in that part of the world. Of course the last time I was out there, Macau probably was only beginning to transform itself into the Asian version of Las Vegas.

The drop from the tower looks like fun, and the views looked spectacular. But I would have had a hard time doing the walk around the tower in the wind and rain. I wonder how much my knees would be wobbling up there.

If I ever train for the Amazing race, I will have to remember to learn stick shift. There has been much driving on the left side of the road this season. Unfortunately, there may not be many places to practice driving on the left inside the US. I think the Barney Oldfield ride in nearby Great America is the closest I can get to having the steering wheel on the right. But it is not stick and there's no crazy traffic.

Next episode: Danielle has a break down. Can't wait...

No comments: