Sunday, November 04, 2007

TV: Amazing Race: All-Stars - Ep 12?

This episode marked the end for Danny and Oswald. Not sure how they fell behind again after all the teams were bunched together in Guam. They must have gotten lost driving again. Despite the bunching, the Beauty Queens seemed to breeze through this leg from start to finish. It left very little tension in the race. The airlift and search and rescue exercise were highlights in this episode, and may have been the most unique aspect of this particular race. Granted I barely remember the episodes from seven months ago, so I don't remember what cool stuff they did before.

I actually spent a short amount of time in Guam when I was 3 or 4 years old. I flew back to the Philippines with my mother and perhaps some other relatives to attend my grandfather's funeral. I think my father stayed behind to watch my brothers and sister who did not miss school. Funny thing is I cannot remember if my sister was there too or not. Anyway back in 1970, that flight from San Francisco to Manila included changing planes in Hawaii and Guam. All I remember of those two stops was that it was raining, humid, and the plants were huge and green. Plus we always had to dash to get onto the plane -- either that or my mom just wanted to stay out of the rain. I thought it was called a runway because we had to run on it to reach the stairs into the plane.

My other memories of the flights back and forth was that it was a double-decker 747 and I snuck upstairs once or twice. The airline food was pretty bland (and unusual). Of course, I should save all the memories of that trip for a separate blog entry. And yes, I do remember several things that happened in my life even before I was 3 years old...

Next up is the final episode and a 67% chance that an all-female team wins the million dollars. The race is long over so I guess I should not even waste time predicting who the winner is. And believe or not none of my friends have ruined it for me all this time, and I avoided any web site that might spoil the outcome for me. That, in itself, is kind of amazing.

No comments: