Sunday, March 19, 2006

Movies: V for Vendetta

For me, there's been a dearth of fun movies to watch between King Kong, which was not perfect but very enjoyable, and this weekend. V for Vendetta may mark an early start to the US "blockbuster" movie season (X-Men 3 coming out in May might be considered more of an official start).
The movie delivers the pre-requisite action and suspense that make action movies fun. These were even more enhanced by experiencing it in an IMAX theater (something I'll install in my mansion as soon as I win the lottery). Natalie Portman did a wonderful job. Some of the content may stir political discussion, though ultimately it is just a comic-book movie.
I imagine the movie is not as intricate as the 1980's graphic novel that it was based upon. Unfortunately I did not read that one even though it was from the same person who created Watchmen, one of my favorite stories from the days when I had more time and energy to read. So I don't know how much to say without giving away plot points. In short, interesting movie, but catch it in IMAX if you do watch it. B-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IT'S ME JENNY MCARTHY...YOU ARE SO AWESOME RODERICK MANALAC!