Friday, March 17, 2006

Sports: Cal Basketball

The California Golden Bears men's basketball team lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament earlier today even though it was St. Patrick's Day and Cal's colors blended together would be green. But I didn't feel devastated about the loss. The team made great progress compared to last year and I hope they get even better next year. Hopefully someone will convince Leon Powe to stay in college another year (without breaking any rules of course).
I find college basketball more entertaining than the NBA. There's just more die-hard enthusiasm on the part of the players and the fans. The do or die nature of the tournament with potential upsets at any time is why it earns the nickname March Madness.
With the Bears out, I guess I can go back to catching up on things and not pay full attention to the remaining games. At least that is how I console myself.
The women's basketball team has done great as well by getting an invite to the tournament for the first time in many years and will be playing on Sunday.
Maybe Cal will get to the College Softball World Series again this year.
I may have just jinxed these teams just by printing this (reference earlier blog entry regarding Golden State Warriors)...
Anyhow Go BEARS!!

No comments: